Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dangerous Journey.....




This weekend I will be visiting the Great Commonwealth of Virginia.
Rather than drive for 11 hours on Thursday, I'm going to head
out after work on Wednesday and drive about 5 hours to the
quaint little town of Athens Ohio, where I have made motel
reservations. Let me tell the you folks out there that do not
understand the hatred that Ohio State Buckeyes have for
ANYONE from Michigan. It's BRUTAL yet sort of
funny! Buckeyes have been taught to hate us from
the cradle to the grave, and it doesn't help that
I have a personalized license plate to boot!
But this isn't my first Rodeo peeps, I have come up with a plan that
sometimes circumvents this ire. I purchased an Ohio State hat years
ago, (after my car had been keyed, vandalized, and my old plate
ripped off of my car) and upon entering Ohio I place it on the
rear window ledge. I also drive about 2 miles an hour UNDER
the speed limit, and I NEVER change lanes without using
my turn signal. This gets me though this strange place
until I reach West Virginia. Where I remove that vile
chapeau, but continue to drive with GREAT caution.
Virginia seems like Paradise after those two states.
My 55 is already in the can, and it will be
business as usual this Friday.
Or Thursday at 8:00 PM.

12 comments:

Cloudia said...

enemy territory! be safe



ALOHA from Honolulu!
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3

Unknown said...

My husband is a University of Oklahoma Sooners fan. They are haters of all things Texas in their DNA. I know your issues there.
Godspeed, G!
Boomer Sooner...
Texas Sucks...

Anonymous said...


Good luck!!!!k.

Anonymous said...

I do hope you make it through such treacherous territory unscathed!

Mr. Charleston said...

Keep it 'tween the ditches... shiny side up!

RNSANE said...

You are too funny, Galen. I wish you a safe journey. It sounds like you have taken every precaution possible.

Helen said...

Careful G-Man .. my sister lives in good ole Athens!!! Home of the Ohio University Bobcats - I consider them semi good guys. Self-respecting folks who spent 24 years in Minneapolis also HATE the Buckeyes. Blow a kiss to my sister please?

Fireblossom said...

I hate driving in Ohio. Why IS there Ohio, anyway?

Akelamalu said...

Take care and enjoy. x

lime said...

they keyed your car and ripped off your plate? damn, that is serious hatred. have a safe trip and a fun time!

hedgewitch said...

Ya know, coulda sworn that was an "F" on that hat and the word ended in y-e-s, not e-y-e-s, but that's just me.

I will be playin--safe travels through the wilds of the south, G--(my second husband always used to wear a ballcap to stick his ponytail up in when we drove that way--and we had Okie plates!)

Margaret said...

HOW did I miss this? I must have been treading water with sick kids or something. Ha! What a great idea and I will have to remember this as I traverse the land of Ohio... (I used to live near Dayton...) And Virginia is PERFECT :)