Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday Morning Coming Down......




Hi Everybody!!! I trust you all had a wonderful Holiday. Yesterday, I received an IM message from the beautiful and caring Mona, as always, she was concerned about my absence from blogging and commenting, and I simply expained that I have been very busy of late. That is indeed a true statement, and it started with the Michigan/Ohio State Football Game!
Of course there was not a whole lot for ME to say about that game, so I just stewed and sulked in private. Then there was Thanksgiving week, and I knew that I would be hosting the event, and if done right, always takes a lot of preparation and time. Plus to top it all off, we have been quite short-handed at work lately because of 'Deer Hunting'!!
In Michigan, November 15th is always 'opening day', and it lasts till November 30th. Let me explain something to you.....At the height of the Viet-Nam War, America had 425,000 armed troops in Nam. On opening day in Michigan, there are 750,000 armed hung-over people in the woods!!! 75% of the men seem to vanish into thin air!!
So anyway, we have been in need of extra help at work, so we all have been working 'doubles' to make sure the floor is covered. I apologize to all my faithful and loyal readers who keep visiting my putrid posts, and I don't seem to acknowledge you individually. That is not usually my style, and I am going to make a strong effort today to atone for my lack of presence.....
The above pictures were taken from my front porch exactly one week apart! The snowy pic is what it looked like on Thanksgiving morning..
I can hear rumblings in the house, and soon they will be screaming for FOOD!!! I think I'm going to use my left-over mashed potatoes, grate an onion, add some flour and eggs, and make some delicious Latke's (potato pancakes for the goy's and shiksa's). They are best served with a dollop of sour cream and/or applesauce!!!
Enjoy your Sunday everyone, thanks for visiting, and you will soon see me on your blog!!!
Peace!

15 comments:

Serena said...

What a difference a week makes! The snow is beautiful, even if it does signal the onset of true winter. Latkes - yum! That'll make you forget all about ... football.:)

Mona said...

WoW! one week later, what a difference!

My Basmati turned out fine the second time & There was a lot of 'rumbling' in my house too for the late serve! :)

Manny said...

I would like 3 latkes please and some crisp bacon.

lime said...

interesting method of making latke's i had a jewish friend teach me how and she said they had to be made of grated potato. that's not to say yours don't sound delish...

and yeah we had the opposite of yoru ictures. 8 inches of snow on monday and thankgiving was sunny and snow free.

you are excuesed for your absence dear. ;)

SignGurl said...

As I've mentioned before, we all go through our blogging spurts. I think people understand that you have a real life. I'm happy to know that you are out living life.

xoxoxolatkesxoxoxog-manxoxoxoo

tsduff said...

ah, so that is what I should do with the mountains of mashed potatoes.... thanks for the tip Galen :-)

no snow around here...though we did have frosties.Oh, i forgot I'm banned from the kitchen.

G-Man said...

Hi Sherry!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I'd LOVE to make you some!!..xoxbgxoxo

Mona dear..
hahahaha..Thats great news!
Like I said, I LOVE the smell of Basmati cooking!!
You are soo sweet to me!
xomrxoxo

Manny...
Coming right up, WITH your whole pound of bacon!
xoxox

Lime...
You are absolutely right of course, but trust me, this is a GREAT way to get rid of extra mashed taters...This is sooo much easier!!
xoxox

Hi Jenn...
As usual, you are always right about all blogging matters..
Thanks...xoxoxxoxox

Terry...
Sorry about your kitchen mishap..
You should take it very slow..Thanks for your one-handed reply..xoxox

Charles said...

Ewwwwe, cold. Darn doubles, I hope your sales and commissions are doubled.

750,000 armed men, now I understand the concern about Michigan's 'militias'.

Yum, potato pancakes. :) See its those simple recipes folks like myself need. I've made them before, but so long ago, I hardly remember, and I never made them from mashed 'taters.

S said...

Oyyy grated potatoes are traditional but I LOVEEEEE the idea of using the masheds!!!!!!

You always make me so hungryyyyyY~~~

GAB said...

Yep we got a dusting of snow Thanksgiving as well but it all disappeared right away==Whew== I'm not really ready for snow.
You really should send me recipe for potato pankcakes we love them here and all my cookbooks are still in SD.
You can sit on my lap anytime.

Serena said...

Fire up the stove. I'll have 2, please.:)
xox

Snow White said...

I experienced a huge change in temperature, but I don't have the beautiful pictures to show the difference. These pictures are awesome!! Thanks for sharing them. xoxo

jillie said...

I so hear you on the being busy part. I feel like I am sometimes spinning my wheels. I need to slow down again, I know they will.

Look at all of the snow! I wish I was there to make snow angles ;o)

xoxo

Evalinn said...

Wow, amazing pics!

Queenie said...

Wow! I love snow,I like being the first to walk onto it. You have been a Busy Bee, good to know that your ok.